Updated: 09 Jan 2013
Résumé of Matt Brundage
Extensive: strict HTML/XHTML, CSS, regular expressions, browser support and nuances, front-end page speed optimization
Limited: databases (MySQL, Oracle), server administration (Apache httpd, IIS)
Front-end Web Developer (officially Applications Analyst/Developer III)
Web development for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Lead front-end developer for FAA.gov.
- Maintain documentation for web developers at FAA. Refresh documentation to match our evolving codebase and internal web standards.
Create, maintain, and overhaul websites for a variety of businesses and organizations. I strive to provide functional and appealing layouts; to provide cross-browser compatibility while conforming to web standards (HTML, CSS, JS); to employ ethical SEO; and to keep content accessible. My portfolio is available at mattbrundage.com/web/.
Technical Services Manager
Technical services for the Department of Energy library.
- Developed web sites and web applications for the Energy Library, including a reference librarian blog and a documentation wiki. Maintained websites, including the online catalog and Library intranet.
- Ensured Certification and Accreditation of all library-related computer systems and databases.
- Maintained Access databases: programmed in Visual Basic, developed reports, and improved UI.
- Administered a Windows 2000 web and file server.
- Managed cataloging and inventory control at DOE, including original and copy cataloging, weeding, and local MARC record editing.
December 1999–March 2007 with Library Systems and Services, Inc. (LSSI) (Germantown, MD)
Cataloging and materials processing for the Smithsonian Institution Libraries.
- Inventoried serial holdings at various Smithsonian branches.
- Modified serial records with Horizon 7.
- Maintained monthly statistics for all projects and generated reports.
- Inventoried the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden's monograph collection.
- Automated the Serials Check-in project for the Acquisitions Department. Established prediction patterns and enumeration for subscription serial titles.
- Cataloged selections from the Trade Literature collection at the Museum of American History (2003-2004).
- Cataloged vertical files with OCLC CatMe for the African Art Museum library (2001-2003).
- Aided the bindery preparation project at the Library of Congress' Law Library (Nov/Dec 2002). Used Voyager and LARS bindery preparation software.
- Prepared books and other media for circulation for the Montgomery College libraries (2000-2002). Covered, stamped, labeled, and barcoded media. Maintained documentation. Worked with Voyager cataloging and OCLC Prism.
Office Assistant/Database Technician/Cataloger
July 1998–February 2001 with The North American Forum on the Catechumenate (Washington, DC)
- Updated and maintained The Forum's membership database, first with The Raiser's Edge, then with Alpha Five.
- Created and maintained an Access database for The Forum's library.
- Processed purchase orders and prepared items for shipment.